2.04.2008

yes

Yes we can. Whoever you may be supporting, this should leave you inspired... and proud, so proud, of this great country.




Explaining his inspiration for the song, Will.I.Am wrote in an accompanying blog post on the site that he was in a recording studio watching one of the presidential debates and feeling torn between candidates when the idea struck him.

Lacking a clear choice, as he suspected many people were, Will said he was ready to wait for a candidate to emerge as the (presumably Democratic) nominee without his help. "And then came New Hampshire ... and I was captivated ... inspired," he wrote. "I reflected on my life and the blessings I have and the people who fought for me to have these rights and blessings. And I'm not talking about a 'black thing,' I'm talking about a 'human thing.' Me as a 'person,' an American."

He said Obama's speech made him think of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr., John F. Kennedy, Abraham Lincoln and "all the others that have fought for what we have today ... what America is 'supposed' to be ... freedom, equality and truth." One week later, the New Hampshire speech, which "touched [his] inner core like nothing in a very long time," began taking shape as the song. He called some friends to help out, and a week after that, the song and video were recorded. "I produced this song to share my newfound inspiration and how I've been moved," he wrote. "I hope this song will make you feel love and think and be inspired just like the speech inspired me."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Bon!
I sure do think about you all the time. I adore you!! I hope you have safe travels and may the road lead you back to Cleveland sometime soon. Until then...Save the World!!

"*%&( Angelina Jolie...I know Bonnie Gillespie."



LOVE YOU!!
Amy Buckels